Friday, April 24, 2015

Internship Diaries, part 2: Continuations

Keeping this short and sweet this time.

Remember when a couple of months ago, I wrote about interning in Turun kaupunginteatteri?

My internship ended last week. But would you believe me if I told you that from now until December, I will be working in the theatre instead? That after three overwhelming, exciting months, I'm now a real part-time employee in Turun kaupunginteatteri?

It's true! The theatre's Twitter and Instagram, plus all sorts of helping around in the office!

If you know me at all, you know that for me, this is a real dream-come-true. I still cannot believe it. It's hard to understand that all the way to December, I shall be working there, learning new things about theatre as I go, and getting paid for it. It feels too good to be true. I'm a bit afraid of the day it finally really hits home that I'm really working in a theatre – I might explode out of sheer joy.

When I'm not working in theatre, I shall continue watching shows and writing about them. Blog-wise, this however means one change: as long as my employment lasts, I obviously won't be reviewing Turun kaupunginteatteri's productions.

I will probably still discuss some of them (as if I could shut up about Jekyll & Hyde for longer than two consecutive days!), but as long as I work there, there will be no reviewing or otherwise evaluating the quality of the theatre's current repertoire. If I write about the theatre, I will add a disclaimer that I also work there in each post. Please kick me if you catch me forgetting.

And please catch me when I finally understand that yes, this is real life. I've a feeling I'm going to faint when the realisation hits.

Photo originally posted in the theatre's Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment